Baker McKenzie is committed to corporate social responsibility. All of our legal and non-legal staff have the opportunity to participate in a variety of community service initiatives.
- Our community service programs include the LEAPS literacy and mentoring program in Sydney, and the OzHarvest Cooking for a Cause program in Melbourne.
- Charity Committees are responsible for organising awareness and fundraising for the Firm’s nominated charities throughout the year. The Community Service Lead drives and oversees the initiatives undertaken by these Committees.
- All staff have the opportunity to participate in our workplace giving program.
We are currently looking to recruit a permanent part-time Community Services Lead to implement, manage and support the Firm’s community service initiatives. You will need to collaborate with a range of staff and liaise with our not-for-profit partner organisations.
This role is focussed on developing the Firm’s community service initiatives. You need to be proactive, motivated and engaged. You will be required to roll up your sleeves and get involved, therefore a flexible and creative approach will be required.
The role is working 16 hours spread across the working week (ie: the equivalent to two days per week). You will need to have a flexible approach to ensure that you are able to manage your responsibilities and attend community service events.
You will report directly to the Firm’s Pro Bono Counsel and be part of the Pro Bono & Community Service Group.
Proactive Community Service Lead role. This includes, in consultation with the pro bono team:
- developing, introducing and project-managing employee volunteering programs in each of the Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne offices;
- implementing, managing and supporting the Firm’s awareness and fundraising for the Firm’s nominated charities.
- as well as assisting with the management of the LEAPS program in the Sydney office.
- managing the Firm's workplace giving program, fundraising, corporate donations, disaster relief response, capacity building opportunities and professional skills sharing initiatives.
- event management for, and attendance at, community service events.
Skills and Experience Required
- Essential: experience in coordinating events;
- Essential: Friendly, self-motivated, enthusiastic, personal drive and energy
- Essential: Adaptable, flexible, works well independently and in a team
- Essential: Strong management and organisational skills and a track record of fully implementing projects to completion
- Desirable: tertiary qualification in business, communications, management or social impact/non-profit studies.
- Desirable: experience with disadvantaged members of the community and interest in social justice;
- Desirable: excellent writing skills;
- Desirable: 2 years minimum experience in a law firm or other professional services firm; and
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 77 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Mitch Barreca, Senior Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.