Emmanuel Hadjidakis is a principal in Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow's Finance & Projects Team. He has worked in Singapore for over 10 years and has prior experience working in London and Sydney. IFLR1000 describes him as "top-tier, and absolutely up there with the best" and points out that "Lenders consider [him] a rising star in the Singapore market and rate him as one of its leading practitioners."
Emmanuel acts for financiers, borrowers and sponsors in a wide range of finance transactions across the Asia Pacific region. He is experienced in general finance, project finance, acquisition finance, Islamic finance, trade finance restructuring and property finance. Emmanuel regularly handles and closes large and complex financings as evidenced by advising the mandated lead arrangers on the GBP1.35 billion long term development financing of Battersea Power Station.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers on the USD 270 million trade, term and revolving loan facilities to PT Navigat Energy and Navigat Energy Pte. Ltd.
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers on the USD 150 million JBIC-backed facility agreement to PT Federal International Finance.
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers on the GBP 200 million murabaha facility and GBP428 million conventional facility agreement to PNB Jersey Limited (the proceeds of which were used to acquire three office buildings in London).
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers on the GBP 225 million murabaha facilities to LTH Property Holdings Limited (the proceeds of which were used to acquire two central London buildings). This transaction was named UK Deal of Year, 2013 by Islamic Finance News.
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers on the USD 50 million Wakalah facility agreement to PT Astra Sedaya Finance (which is a novel structure and to our knowledge the only transaction of its type involving an Indonesian corporate). This transaction was Islamic Finance News' Wakalah Deal of the Year, 2013.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, Credit Suisse AG and Sumitomo Mitsui Baking Corporation on the USD 120 million facility agreement for the development, construction and completion of Trans Studio Resort integrated complex in Bandung, Indonesia.
- Advised BNP Paribas and Natixis as mandated lead arrangers on the USD 540 million loan facility provided to Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group.
- Advised UBS AG (Hong Kong), BNP Paribas (Hong Kong) and Goldman Sachs Credit Partners LP on the USD 850 million secured acquisition financing of Want Want Holding Limited by Want Want International Limited.
- England & Wales (2004)
- New South Wales~Australia (2001)