Junya Ae is a member of the Antitrust / Competition and Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups. He joined the Competition Law Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's London office from October 2011 to March 2012. Before joining the Firm, he worked for the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication from 1995 to 2001. He has co-authored a number of publications related to his field.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Japanese and foreign companies in an international and domestic cartel investigation for wide range of industies such as chemical products, construction materials, electric wires, bid rigging in government procurement, automotive related products and services, software, IT, electronics products, among others.
- Represented numerous Japanese and foreign companies in multijurisdictional merger control matters, including complex cases involving remedies.
- Supported and implemented compliance investigations for chemical companies, automotive components companies, IT companies, food companies, among others.
- Assisted a new business entrant in its application for a commissioned broadcast business license.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Section on Antitrust Law
- Japan Competition Law Forum - Antitrust Practice Group
- Japan (2006)
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M.) (1998)
- Tokyo University (LL.B.) (1995)