Stephanie Magnus is an associate principal in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group in Singapore. She has significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, and in the financial services and insurance sectors. Ms. Magnus is a member of the Singapore Bar.
Ms. Magnus routinely advises clients on their M&A transactions, commodity regulations and insurance law matters. Her clients include international banks, capital market intermediaries, insurance companies and other financial institutions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational general insurer on the corporate restructuring of its Asia offices in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Advised MacarthurCook Limited on the IPO on the Singapore Exchange of a non-sponsored industrial REIT and the secondary listing in Singapore of its property securities fund.
- Advised Aviva Limited on the acquisition of Dollardex, a licensed financial adviser in Singapore.
- Advising clients in the financial services and insurance industry in respect of the set up of operations in Singapore, including advice on structuring, legal and regulatory issues.
- Advised Sompo Japan Inc. on its acquisition of Tenet Insurance Company Ltd., a licensed general insurance company in Singapore from Hwa Hong Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary Hwa Hong Capital (Pte) Ltd. The transaction was worth SGD95 million.
- Advised Kirin Holdings Company Limited on the acquisition of approximately 14.7 percent of the total shares in Fraser & Neave Limited from Seletar Investments Pte Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. The transaction was worth SGD1,335,750,000.
- Advised Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. on its interest in acquiring the entire life insurance business of the United Overseas Bank group which had operations in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of International Affairs
National University of Singapore
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.