Erwandi Hendarta is a partner in the Finance and Projects Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Hendarta worked at the Central Bank of Indonesia and as an investment banker for Schroders Indonesia – an investment banking arm of Schroders Plc., London. He has likewise published articles related to his area of practice, including "Structuring Asset-backed Securities in Indonesia" published in Global Securitisation and Structured Finance 2005 Handbook sponsored by Deutsche Bank. He is also a contributor to various publications of the World Bank and the IFC.
Mr. Hendarta’s work includes securitization and structured finance, trade finance, debt offerings, derivatives and financial products, distressed assets/debt sales, loan financing, acquisition finance, project finance, debt restructuring and mergers and acquisitions. His impressive track record includes acting as counsel for the Indonesian Debt Restructuring Agency in a case involving the settlement of external forex denominated debts of Indonesian corporations. He has likewise assisted major foreign banks in their claims against Indonesian commercial banks to be registered under the Government Guarantee Program and in relation to the Exchange.
Representative Legal Matters
- The resource person for the draft Securitisation Law for the Ministry of Finance (through the Capital Market Supervisory Agency/BAPEPAM) and the central bank, Bank Indonesia for banking securitisation regulations.
- Acting for Fitch in the USD600 million existing and future receivables of PT Kaltim Prima Coal and PT Arutmin Indonesia (cross-border securitisation) - "Securitisation Deal of the Year 2005" awarded by the International Financial Law Review/IFLR.
- Acting for PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk. in connection with the issuance of USD100 million negotiable floating rate certificates of deposit due 2006.
- Acting for DBS Bank Ltd., the facility agent of the loan agreement for the USD65 million term loan facility for PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.
- Acting for Bank of China in its attempt to acquire a majority stake (indirect) from Temasek in Bank International Indonesia Tbk., a listed bank and the sixth largest bank in Indonesia.
- Acting for The Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (a Japanese international bank) and ACOM CO. LTD. (a Japanese listed leading consumer finance company) in the first Japanese acquisition in the banking sector by acquiring PT Bank Nusantara Parahyangan Tbk., a listed bank in the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.