Dominik Baeriswyl advises clients on a variety of legal matters, especially in the context of their business activities. As a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group, he represents parties before courts and arbitral tribunals. Mr. Baeriswyl also assists clients in developing and negotiating transactions. Prior to joining the Firm in October 2011, Mr. Baeriswyl gained three years of professional experience at the commercial court of the canton of Berne and practiced for three years in the dispute resolution group of another leading business law firm in Zurich.
Mr. Baeriswyl’s practice focuses on domestic and international arbitration as well as on litigation. He is knowledgeable in handling matters related to corporate and commercial dispute resolution. He also has extensive experience in white-collar crime and judicial assistance cases. Furthermore, Mr. Baeriswyl provides sound advice on general corporate and commercial issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Swiss private bank in litigation before a Zurich commercial court in relation to succession planning and takeover.
- Advised on numerous debt financing and real estate transactions.
- Represented a multinational company in negotiations with a general contractor on the terms of construction and fit out works of its new headquarters.
- Advised various Swiss banks and bank clients in the context of judicial assistance and compliance matters.
- Represented a real estate developer in arbitration under share purchase agreement / post hoc share of profit.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- ASA under 40 - Member
University of Lausanne
University of Berne
(Lic. jur. )
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.