David Parham has been recognized by Chambers for his proficiency in bankruptcy and restructuring. He has extensive experience representing corporate and partnership debtors, creditor committees, equity holders, secured and unsecured creditors, lessors and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings, litigation and workouts.
Mr. Parham has represented clients in restructuring cases involving many different industries including, among others, agriculture, sports, aviation, telecommunications, distribution, retail, manufacturing, energy, mining, insurance and real estate. Mr. Parham has also handled a variety of commercial litigation matters in bankruptcy courts and in federal and state courts. These representations include prosecution and defense of claims against directors and officers for breach of fiduciary duty and cases involving allegations of fraud, fraudulent conveyance, preference and, in general, contract and business tort cases.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, the nation’s largest poultry producer, in its Chapter 11 case.
- Represented Reliant Building Products Inc., the nation’s second largest window manufacturer, in its Chapter 11 case.
- Represented Express One International, Inc., an international airline that operated approximately 40 commercial aircraft in charter passenger and air cargo operations, in its Chapter 11 case.
- Represented El Paso Corporation in its acquisition of the oil and gas assets of Flying J Oil and Gas Company for USD103.5 million.
- Represented MAHLE GmBH in its acquisition of the hard engine parts division of Dana Corporation for USD165 million.
- Represented the Unsecured Creditors’ Committee for Corban Communications, a national telecommunications company providing "middle mile" services to other carriers and servicing secondary markets.
- Represented the Preferred Shareholders’ Committee for Dorado Exploration, Inc. an oil and gas exploration company.
- Represented the purchaser of the Dallas Stars NHL team in the acquisition of the Stars pursuant to a prepackaged Chapter 11 case.
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2012
- Chapter 11 Reorganization Deal of the Year, Middle Markets (for Dallas Stars Acquisition), Turnaround Atlas Awards, 2012
- Turnaround of the Year Mega Company, (for Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation Chapter 11), Turnaround Management Association, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The American Bankruptcy Institute
- Texas Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2006)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2001)
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (1990)
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (1989)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (1987)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (1982)
Texas~United States (1981)
University of Oklahoma
(J.D. Order of the Coif)
University of Oklahoma
(Bachelor of Business Administration)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.