Dr. Daniel Krone is a senior associate in the Firm’s Information Technology Practice Group. Located in Munich, Dr. Krone advises national and international clients, particularly those in the technology, communications and media industries. Dr. Krone has written and co-authored various books and articles in his field, and has taught media law at universities in Muenster, Osnabrueck, Moscow and Paris.
Dr. Krone advises on all aspects of information technology and digital media. His practice includes acting for clients in relation to outsourcing and technology deals, software contracts and implementations, content licensing and regulation, e-commerce and data privacy. Dr. Krone is also experienced in the field of broadcasting and youth protection.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted on behalf of a DAX 30 company on structuring and negotiating an ITO and related subcontract worth over EUR1 billion.
- Advised a Fortune 50 company on developing and implementing a world-wide privacy solution for employee data transfers made by several hundred business entities.
- Acted on behalf of a well-known lifestyle and fashion company on establishing a whistleblowing hotline in 53 countries.
- Advised a leading technology company in relation to a security breach involving data of more than 100 million customers.
- Advised the non-profit organizations PILI and IREX pro bono in relation to developing freedom of information laws in Nepal and Georgia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Society for Law and Informatics (DGRI) - Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member
University of Edinburgh
University of Muenster
University of Mainz
University of Mainz
Baker & McKenzie - Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern, Steuerberatern und Solicitors is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.