While the Czech Republic is poised to become a key player in the region’s energy market, its utilities and transportation infrastructure need continuous improvement to meet the demands of an increasingly efficient economy.
Under public-private partnership, investors can help expand the country’s road and railway systems to connect to European transport routes and pursue water infrastructure projects and other development opportunities.
At Baker & McKenzie, we help clients invest in energy, chemicals, mining and infrastructure projects in the Czech Republic and across multiple jurisdictions. We help ensure clients meet all local and EU compliance requirements and avoid potential liabilities. When problems do arise, our Dispute Resolution team can help determine the most strategic course of action.
Our Energy, Mining & Infrastructure practice is one of the world’s largest, working with our colleagues around the world to help companies succeed in any market. We can help with:
- Local and EU regulations, including laws on private-public partnership, public procurement and concessions
- Project finance
- Environmental policies
- Development, financing and construction of major transportation infrastructures and public facilities
- Water/wastewater projects
- Power and electricity projects, including utilities, generation, transmission and distribution
- Multinational oil and gas pipelines and liquefied natural gas projects
- Mining and natural resources projects as well as acquisitions and disposals
To read more, please see our Prague Energy, Mining & Infrastructure brochure in English