Baker & McKenzie Appoints New Partners, Counsel and Senior Associates
27 June 2012
Australia, 27 June 2012 – Baker & McKenzie is pleased to announce the appointment of three partners to its litigation and construction practices in Australia. The promotions of Daniel Middleton (Construction), Philippa Murphy (Dispute Resolution) and David Walter (Dispute Resolution) take effect 1 July.
Baker & McKenzie appointed 63 new partners worldwide, bringing the total number of partners in the Firm to 1,400. Almost 40% of the promotions were made in the Asia Pacific reflecting the Firm's commitment to the region.
The Firm also appointed five special counsel and 14 senior associates across 11 practices in Sydney and Melbourne.
Baker & McKenzie Managing Partner Chris Freeland said: "On behalf of the Management Committee, Partners and the entire Firm, I extend our warmest congratulations to everyone whose achievements have been recognised by these important appointments.
"This year's appointments represent the Firm's newest generation of leaders who will continue our strong commitment to providing clients with excellent service and value."
The Firm's new special counsel are:
- Alison Ashford - Construction, Melbourne
- Richard Ballinger - Dispute Resolution, Sydney
- Sebastian Busa - Commercial Real Estate, Sydney
- Sarah Lancaster - Dispute Resolution, Sydney
- Toby Patten - Telecommunications, Melbourne
The newly promoted senior associates are:
- Craig Amundsen - Energy Resources Infrastructure Corporate, Melbourne
- Belinda Barnes - Corporate, Sydney
- Tom Bridges - Dispute Resolution, Sydney
- Suzie Carroll - Dispute Resolution, Melbourne
- Serena Chow - Tax, Sydney
- Michael Dearden - Energy Resources Infrastructure Corporate, Sydney
- Ryan Grant - Media & Content, Sydney
- Simon Greenacre - Environmental Markets, Sydney
- Rebecca Howe - Dispute Resolution, Melbourne
- Miles Hurst - Tax, Sydney
- Jennifer Terjesen-Som - Intellectual Property, Sydney
- Jacqueline Truong - Construction, Sydney
- Melinda Tun - Corporate, Sydney
- Jane Woodhouse - Intellectual Property, Sydney