Peter Strivens is a Corporate Partner and heads the Firm’s Telecommunications Group in London. Peter is listed in the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers for telecommunications, and is ranked among the leading lawyers in his area of practice by Chambers Global, Chambers UK and Legal 500. He joined Baker & McKenzie’s London office in 1982 and became a partner in 1990.
Peter Strivens acts on a wide variety of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. He specialises in the telecommunications sector where he advises on a wide range of transactions, contracts and disputes in the UK and abroad.
Representative Legal Matters
- Turkish Government on its privatisation of a 55% interest in Turk Telekom for Saudi Oger for USD6.55 billion.
- Blackstone, CVC and Providence on their bid in consortium with France Telecom for a 51% interest in Cesky Telecom.
- Merchantbridge in relation to the restructuring and refinancing of AsiaCell, a mobile operator in Iraq.
- A consortium of Austrian investors on the acquisition of a majority stake in Mobtel, a leading Serbia mobile operator.
- Gardner Denver Inc. in relation to the acquisition of the Compair business for private equity sellers in 24 jurisdictions.
England & Wales~United Kingdom (1984)
(Master of Arts)
College of Law at Guildford
University of Witwatersrand
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.