Sri Indrastuti (Tuti) Hadiputranto — a senior partner in the Firm’s Securities/Capital Market Practice Group — is one of the founding partners of Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners (HHP). She serves as chairman of the Capital Market Lawyers' Professional Standards Board and head of the Research and Development for the Capital Market Lawyers’ Association, where she is responsible for reviewing drafts of various securities regulations. Her professional affiliations likewise include membership to the Indonesian Legal Consultants Association and the Indonesian Legal Consultants Association. She is also sits as member of the Board of Advisors of USINDO (the United States-Indonesia Society).
Ms. Hadiputranto was the first lawyer to be registered with Bapepam to carry out capital market work in Indonesia. She has since been heavily involved in mergers and acquisitions and debt and corporate restructuring work for telecommunications and other major Indonesian companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a multinational corporate enterprise doing business in the synthetic fibers, pharmaceuticals, home health care, trading, retail and IT industries, in relation to debt restructuring and the sale of shares in its subsidiary in Indonesia using a rights issue structure.
- Representing Maybank, in a mandatory tender offer in relation to its indirect takeover of Bank Internasional Indonesia (BII), whereby Maybank acquired 55.6% of BII's shares through an extremely competitive bid process, the other shortlisted bidders being HSBC and Bank of China. The deal value is IDR6.4 trillion (approximately USD533 million).
- Representing PT Bank Niaga Tbk in its merger with PT Bank Lippo Tbk as a result of the implementation of the Central Bank's Single Presence Policy in Indonesia. The merger was carried out through share to share swap. The combined bank has total assets of IDR95.2 trillion (approximately US$10.2 billion) (2008).
- Representing PT Adaro Energy Tbk in its USD1.3 billion IPO. In rupiah terms, this was Indonesia's largest ever IPO, and Asia's third largest IPO outside of Japan as of 2008.
- Representing PT Bayan Resources Tbk in its IDR4.83 trillion (USD529 million) IPO, Indonesia’s largest private sector IPO marketed to international investors (2008).
- Representing Bumi Resources in the takeover of Herald Resources Ltd – an Australian public company (2008).
University of Washington
(LL.M. International Taxation)
Tax Consultant Course
University of Indonesia
Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.