According to the 2008 edition of Asia Pacific Legal 500, Baker & McKenzie “leads the field for cross-border enforcement and protection.” We have a global reputation as one of the preeminent law firms focusing on all aspects of the protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights. Our experience in patents is honed from decades of a global practice dealing in patent prosecution, litigation, infringement analysis, portfolio evaluation, enforcement, defense, negotiation and licensing. Chambers Asia and Asia Pacific Legal 500 rank us among Asia’s top patent firms in 2009.
Our capabilities span the entire technology field, including computer systems and peripheral devices, semiconductor devices and packaging, optoelectronics, liquid crystal display, communication systems, software, business methods, biotechnology and medical equipment. Our Patent team includes engineers holding masters and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical and electrical engineering, as well as lawyers with various technical backgrounds.
We have experience in patent matters for greater China and the United States, with capabilities in the following areas:
- Preparation and prosecution of patents in multiple jurisdictions
- Patent infringement claims, infringement defense, infringement assessment and related litigation in the United States, Europe and Greater China
- Analysis of ownership contracts, patent licensing and technology transfer
- Strategic planning for effective IPR utilization
- Negotiation of technology transactions and licensing/cross-licensing agreements
- Consulting and advising clients in every major and emerging market