The Fair Trade Law of 1991 established the island’s fair trade laws and current enforcement mechanisms. It seeks to maintain trading order, protect consumer interests, ensure fair competition, provide fair and reasonable competition rules, and foster economic stability and prosperity. Taiwan’s fair trade laws touch most every business sector, which underscores the need for unsurpassed competence in the practice area.
Our Fair Trade Law Group is uniquely qualified to help clients meet the requirements of this law. Our experience includes:
- Fair Trade Commission (FTC) pre-merger notifications and approvals for concerted actions/mergers and acquisitions
- Reviewing license agreements and contracts for fair trade and anti-trust compliance
- Advising and representing clients in FTC investigations and administrative proceedings
- Representing and advising clients before the Intellectual Property Court and in IP appeals
- Helping inbound investors adopt fair trade compliant strategies and implement compliance training programs