Ranked as a top-tier practice by Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2004-2007), our Energy, Environment and Infrastructure Group is composed of a team of exceptional transactional lawyers with extensive experience in government contract negotiations, construction, real estate, project finance, and environmental law.
All our lawyers in the Energy, Environment and Infrastructure Group are seasoned in development work, mergers and acquisitions, finance and cross-border transactions within the energy, mining, natural resources, utilities and infrastructure industries.
We have experience in transport, power and incinerator projects, and BOO and BOT contracts. Notably, Baker & McKenzie Taipei has represented and continues to represent a private client in all aspects of a concession agreement for Taiwan’s High-Speed Rail system — the world’s largest BOT transport project.
We advise sponsors, developers, operators, lenders, governments and governmental agencies on a broad range of major projects and project financing transactions, including:
- Project development and restructuring
- Financing (international and domestic)
- Compliance advice, including financial/investment regulations, environmental, occupational health and safety, and employment
- Joint ventures and mergers & acquisitions
- Permits and licenses
- Project contract administration
- Government relations
- Dispute resolution (litigation, arbitration and mediation)