Stephen Jones is a consultant for the Intellectual Property Department of Baker & McKenzie LLP, London, and previously worked as a partner in the Firm for over 13 years. Stephen is head of the Patents Group in the London office and is active in the Firm's Global Patents practice, which offers co-ordinated patent advisory and litigation services through the Firm's network of offices around the world. Stephen is a solicitor-advocate in the English courts as well as a UK qualified patent attorney and a European Patent Attorney admitted to practice before the European Patent Office. He is also a UK and European Trade Marks and Designs Attorney and an accredited mediator.
Stephen has long experience in the field and advises on a wide range of intellectual property matters, including patents, trade marks, copyright and designs. He takes particular interest in intellectual property cases involving technical subject matter, and has been involved in patent litigation in the technology, electronics, chemical, pharmaceutical, medical devices, and engineering fields.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Patent Agents - Fellow
- Institute of Trade Mark Agents - Member
- Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC) - Member
- Registered Trademark Attorney
- Accredited Mediator (CEDR)
- Professional Representative at OHIM - European Trade Marks and Designs Attorney
- European Patent Attorney (EPO)
- Chartered Patent Attorney (UK)
- Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Advocacy, England and Wales)
England & Wales~United Kingdom (1991)
University of London
Imperial College, London
(B.S. Chemistry First Class Honors)
Associate of the Royal College of Science
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.