Sean Rush is a partner in Baker & McKenzie's Sydney office where he advises on all aspects of banking and finance. He is recognised for his strength in acquisition finance and project finance, particularly on major infrastructure projects. Sean is competent in Spanish and has advised various Spanish and Latin American based multinationals on their investments and projects in Australia and internationally. Sean has previously worked in Baker & McKenzie's Santiago and London offices.
Sean has extensive international experience advising borrowers, sponsors and lenders on leveraged acquisition, corporate and project financing transactions as well as high-value, complex, multijurisdictional and cross-border financing transactions. He has structured, negotiated and documented major projects in Australia and internationally under both corporate and project finance facilities. Sean is well connected in the finance industry and understands the needs of major projects to ensure they are bankable in the current financing environment.
- "Everything is carefully planned out; he manages his clients' expectations well and is extremely attentive." Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015
- "very good, clear analytical thinker on banking matters," Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014
- "...acute sense" of the market, "customer focused" and "responsive," Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- "Highly rated", International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000), 2013
- "…considerable international project and acquisition finance expertise,” Chambers Asia Pacific, 2013
- "Excellent" leader of a "top-notch, responsive and practical" team, Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Highly recommended – Acquisition Finance, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2012 - present
- "Financing guru", Australasian Legal Business, 2009
England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
Papua New Guinea (1995)
New South Wales~Australia (1990)
BPP Professional Education
(UK Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test)
University of Papua New Guinea
(Papua New Guinea Lawyers Admission Exams)
University of Technology
(Graduate Diploma Legal Practice)
(Bachelor of Economics)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.