Robert van Agteren joined the Corporate Litigation team of Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam in 2001, and became Partner in 2005. In 2007, Chambers and Partners recognized Mr. van Agteren as a commended up-and-comer, and ranked him in Band 3 as a corporate litigator the following year. A member of the Association for Corporate Litigation, Mr. van Agteren has also authored several publications related to his practice.
Robert van Agteren is a leading adviser in Litigation & Arbitration and Restructuring, Recovery & Bankruptcy. He has broad experience in corporate litigation, multi-jurisdiction litigation, international arbitration, corporate recovery and restructuring matters. Mr. Van Agteren advises and litigates in national and international corporate and commercial disputes, summary actions and injunctions, arbitration, crisis management, corporate recovery and financially-driven restructuring.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented US wine producer with import and distribution matters in Europe.
- Represented in arbitration of German power plant producer in dispute with subcontractor.
- Represented international coatings manufacturer in parallel litigations in US and Amsterdam as well as parallel arbitration in Paris.
- Represented (sub)contractor in arbitration regarding offshore construction project.
- Advised in multi-jurisdiction debt restructuring of international auto parts manufacturer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- Association for Corporate Litigation
Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen
University of North Carolina
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.