Raphaël Collin is a founding partner of the Firm’s Luxembourg office, where he advises on corporate and M&A law, as well as on real estate and banking transactions. Prior to joining Baker & McKenzie, Mr. Collin worked for several years in the Luxembourg office of a prominent international law firm. He established his own firm in 2009 and has been practicing in Luxembourg since 1997. He is the author of several publications on European companies, cross-border mergers and incorporating companies in Luxembourg.
Mr. Collin has extensive experience in international corporate reorganization projects and in analyzing the feasibility of new structures or instruments. He has assisted domestic and international clients on various local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, as well as real estate, securities or private equity transactions concerning domestic and foreign companies, whether regulated or not. Mr. Collin regularly advises regulated entities for their compliance with Luxembourg professional rules and their day-to-day management or transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical group in the acquisition of Solvay for EUR4.5 billion, as well as on the subsequent corporate structuring.
- Regularly assists on the implementation of cross-border mergers where Luxembourg entities absorb dual nationality companies with Dutch and Luxembourg interests.
- Regularly conducts due diligence and negotiation of purchase agreements during acquisitions.
- Advised an international US private equity firm on the EUR680 million sale of a French food company as well as on the related exit of funds.
- Assisted a German doctor’s pension fund in the acquisition of real estate at prestigious locations in the London’s West End through the set-up of acquisition and financing structures, including a hybrid financing instrument and various debt instruments.
- Regularly advises a Luxembourg private portfolio management with interests in a UCITS management company, assisting on compliance with Luxembourg professional rules, day-to-day management and transactions.
- Regularly advises multinationals on the reorganization of their groups of companies, the use of Luxembourg vehicles and contractual hybrid instruments.
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.