Today's technology has made it easy for companies to collect, copy and transfer personal data around the world. At the same time, new privacy and security laws in a number of key jurisdictions — including the US, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia and the EU — and virtually all key business segments are imposing complex and often inconsistent privacy and data protection standards in multinational companies.
Legal and business risks associated with non-compliance have also grown significantly, from adverse public relations consequences to the financial and human resource costs of addressing privacy-related complaints. We have the experience necessary to provide practical, cost effective solutions to problems you might face because of the volume of regulation and the numerous areas where privacy issues arise. We can also assist with the successful development and implementation of privacy compliance solutions.
Successful delivery of a global privacy compliance solution requires not only a thorough knowledge of data protection, privacy and data security laws from around the world, but also a keen understanding of how to develop and implement best practices across an organization with diverse operations and locations. As widely recognized leaders in the market, our dedicated privacy lawyers can assist you in:
- Generating factual reports about your company's global privacy issues, gap analysis and compliance recommendations
- Adopting HR privacy policies to be reflected in HR handbooks and provisions in local employment contracts
- Creating and implementing customer privacy policies and procedures, including those related to marketing; data security policies; website privacy policies; and e-mail and Internet monitoring policies and protocols
- Drafting contracts to facilitate cross-border data transfers
- Designing procedures for data subject access requests, data security breaches, and inquiries from data protection authorities and regulators
Read more on our services by downloading our brochure.