Mike Jansen is a member of Baker & McKenzie’s Europe and Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Venture Capital practice groups. He started his career in 1992 as a lawyer, joined the Firm’s Amsterdam office in 1995 and became a partner in 2001. He headed the corporate practice from 2001 until 2006, and then became a member of the board of Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam. He served as managing partner and chairman of the board and was a member of the Firm’s European Regional Council as well as the Policy Committee from 2007 until July 2010 when he fully returned to his practice.
Mr. Jansen focuses his practice on corporate law and has extensive experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital work, as well as corporate advisory work. His clients include US and European multinationals, and large and mid-size domestic corporations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing Lukoil in the acquisition of the Verolma Groep (which constituted the entrance of Lukoil in the Dutch market).
- Representing Mr. H.J. Cruijff in his position as member of the Supervisory Board of AFC Ajax N.V., and in subsequent legal procedures.
- Representing Fairstar Heavy Transport N.V. in the hostile takeover by Dockwise White Marlin B.V.
- Representing a number of undisclosed listed companies in certain restructurings and takeovers.
- Representing Cargill Inc. in the purchase of the animal nutrition business of Provimi.
- Representing Dover Cooperation in the acquisition of certain parts of NXP Semiconductors N.V.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- International Bar Association
- European Venture Capital Association
(Corporate Law cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.