Masabumi Tamagawa is a member of the Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice Group in Tokyo. He provides insightful advice on a broad range of finance matters and also acts for clients in litigation and dispute resolution matters. Mr. Tamagawa is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association.
Mr. Tamagawa focuses his practice on the areas of PFI, project finance, M&A finance, real estate finance and securitization matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised clients with regard to a number of PFI cases.
- Advised clients on project finance and M&A matters with respect to a wind power plant and a hydropower plant.
- Advised clients on M&A finance transactions, including MBO and LBO.
- Advised clients on liquidation and securitization through the use of SPCs and trusts.
- Represented clients in class action lawsuits for damages concerning securities trading, and disputes concerning financial products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.