Marc Fèvre's practice spans project development, financing and secondary market transactions in the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors. He has over 13 years of experience working in Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He is recognised in his field by legal directories including Legal 500 and the IFLR 1000.
Mr. Fèvre represents developers, investors, lenders and governments on greenfield developments, project financings and secondary market transactions in the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors. His energy experience includes projects, transactions and financing in relation to power generation (renewables, nuclear and conventional), oil and gas, and petrochemicals, with a particular focus on renewable energy and clean technology. In the infrastructure sector, he has particular experience in project financings, public-private partnerships (PPPs), and acquisitions or disposals in relation to road, rail and social infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Office National d'Electricité on the procurement and development of the Taza Wind Farm in Morocco.
- Acted for E.ON Climate and Renewables GmbH on a joint venture with Masdar to create E.ON-Masdar Integrated Carbon, which provides carbon abatement solutions internationally.
- Acted for the Saline Water Conversion Corporation of Saudi Arabia on its proposed privatisation of 30 cogeneration and desalination facilities and a 3,600 kilometre water transmission system and the development of bankable IWPP documentation.
- Acted for the investors on the development of an integrated mid-stream petrochemicals project at the Saudi Aramco/Dow Chemical-sponsored Sadara Integrated Chemicals Complex in Jubail Industrial City II in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised the sponsors on the development and financing of the Livorno offshore floating LNG receiving terminal in Italy, including the EPC arrangements and the financing arrangements.
- Acted for the Bilfinger Berger, Porr and Egis consortium on all aspects of the M6 Phase II motorway project in Hungary, including the partial refinancing by the European Investment Bank. Cited by EMEA Finance Award 2009 as “Best Emerging Europe Infrastructure Deal.”
- Acted for the commercial bank arrangers, The Standard Bank of Africa and RMB, on the development and financing of the Gautrain Rapid Rail Link project in South Africa by the Bombela consortium (Bombardier, Bouygues, Murray & Roberts and SPG).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Franco-British Lawyers Society - Member
- British-Japanese Lawyers' Association - Member
England & Wales~United Kingdom (2000)
University of Sheffield
College of Law of England and Wales
University of St. Andrews
Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.