Lydia Salvi is the co-chair of the Financial Services group in Baker & McKenzie’s Toronto office. She practices business law, with a particular emphasis on corporate/commercial financings, mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings and insolvencies.
The corporate/commercial financings side of her practice focuses on all aspects of traditional and non-traditional types of financings including private equity, senior, subordinated and convertible debt facilities, asset-based lending, equipment leasing, and factor financing. The restructuring side of her practice focuses on corporate restructurings, distressed merger and acquisition transactions, distressed investing and director and officer liability assessment and management. Ms. Salvi has experience representing clients in a broad range of industries including telecommunications, pharmaceutical, information technology, manufacturing, transportation, retail, food and beverage and consumer products.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a Schedule 1 bank in connection with a non-revolving subordinated secured debt facility to finance the acquisition of the assets of a nationwide leader of valuation services to the mortgage, investment and banking industries.
- Acted for a Schedule 1 bank in connection with non-revolving and revolving senior and subordinated secured debt facilities to finance the acquisition of a precision parts supplier for industrial and aerospace applications.
- Acted for a Schedule 1 bank in connection with its co-investment in the leveraged acquisition of a leading global provider of urodynamic testing equipment and consumables.
- Acted on a cross-border securitization of a multimillion dollar accounts receivable portfolio for a worldwide leader and manufacturer of snowboarding equipment.
- Acted on a USD60 million cross-border secured senior credit facility.
- Acted for a Canadian subsidiary of a US defence giant to acquire the engine maintenance, repair and overhaul business of a MRO provider of engine and maintenance solutions.
- Acted for Walgreens in the acquisition of the retail pharmaceutical business of Canadian pharmacy technology company, Patient Care Automation Services Inc.
- Acted for Toyota Tsusho Corporation, a subsidiary of Toyota, in connection with its CAD602 million acquisition of a share of a leading North American energy producer's coalbed methane reserves in southern Alberta, Ontario.
- Acted for one of Canada's largest natural food retailers in the sale of its cross-border organic foods grocery operation.
- Acted for one of Canada’s largest distributors of high-end boats in the acquisition of several high-profile marinas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Business Law Executive Committee - Vice Chair
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation - Executive Committee
- Corporate Financing Journal for the Federated Press - Editorial Board Member
- Bay Street For a Cause - Committee Member
University of Western Ontario
(LL.B. Dean's Honour List)
Wilfrid Laurier University
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.