Ken Takahashi has over 20 years of legal experience in Japan. He routinely works on capital markets and securities transactions. Prior to joining the Firm in 2001, Mr. Takahashi practiced with Masuda & Ejiri, Rogers and Wells in New York, Linklaters and Paines in London, as well as with AOKI & Partners (former McIvor, Kauffman & Christensen) from 1993 to 2001.
Mr. Takahashi has considerable experience handling securities regulation, financial product issues, venture capital and private equity. He advises on securitization, government finance and general legal matters for leading companies and sovereign issuers in various countries. He also handles all kinds of capital markets issues and regulatory matters, and has experience advising clients on various aspects of credit support. Mr. Takahashi has helped establish limited venture capital partnerships and has advised government bodies on financing options for government organizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised domestic/overseas investors on the issuance of CBs and preferred stocks of Japanese companies.
- Represented a power company in China in its POWL in Japan as part of Global IPO (USD2.3 billion).
- Represented Bank of China in its POWL in Japan as part of Global IPO (USD2.8 billion).
- Represented a telecom company in China in its POWL in Japan as part of Global IPO (USD1.4 billion).
- Represented a Korean telecom company in its public offering of ADRs in Japan as part of a global offering (USD2.7 billion).
- Represented POSCO, a Korean steel manufacturer, in its public offering of JPY30 billion in samurai bonds in Japan.
- Represented Barclays Capital in its underwriting and sponsoring the ING Bank's programme and
Pro-bond lisitng on Tokyo AIM market (very first listing in AIM Pro-bond market).
Professional Associations and Memberships
College of Law at London
Legal Research & Training Inst of Supreme Court of Japan
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.