Kanit Vallayapet had more than 15 years of experience in legal practice before joining Baker & McKenzie. He has been with the Firm for more than 17 years, and is primarily active in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Mr. Vallayapet routinely handles the litigation of commercial and administrative disputes, as well as bankruptcy claims. His track record also includes acting as consultant to numerous Thai government committees and ad hoc groups.
Mr. Vallayapet has assisted multinational institutions in matters concerning intellectual property, construction, corporate takeovers, insurance claims, trade, government contracts, bank lending and other extensions of credit, as well as real estate and property development. He also conducts dispute resolution proceedings and represents troubled companies facing financial difficulties with respect to corporate and debt restructuring. Mr. Vallayapet also provides sound and insightful counsel to government entities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the telecom industry and water production investors, facilitating arbitration and administrative court proceedings involving assets valued at several billion THB in each individual case.
- Acted as joint head of a working committee for automobile industry investors in relation to tax proceedings, achieving a tax saving of THB5.8 billion.
- Acted for a syndicate of banks in filing petitions for the restructuring of three sugar mills, advised on the restructuring and the appointment of a planner to prepare the restructuring plan and prepared new financing documents.
- Acted for the steering committee of a Thai consumer product company in structuring a rehabilitation plan under the bankruptcy law.
- Provided legal advice in the areas of construction, real estate, and government concessions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
Institute of Legal Education
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.