Jennifer Wioncek is a partner in the Firm's Tax Practice Group. She is recognized as a leading tax and trusts and estates lawyer and "Power Woman" by Citywealth and as one of 40 "Rising Star" South Florida lawyers under the age of 40 by the Daily Business Review. Ms. Wioncek is a three-time recipient of the Florida Bar Tax Section’s "Chair’s Special Merit Award" and is recognized as a "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers. She is an active speaker in the community focusing on international tax planning issues. Ms. Wioncek is also an active adjunct professor at the University of Miami School of Law Tax LLM program teaching multiple classes in the area of trusts and estates.
Ms. Wioncek has general international tax planning experience and has significant experience with domestic and international trust and estate planning matters for high net worth individuals; multijurisdictional estate administration matters; acquisition, maintenance and sale of US real estate by foreigners; pre-immigration planning; expatriation planning; international reporting and compliance; offshore voluntary compliance; and representation of family offices.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Tax Section; The Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Estate Planning Council of Greater Miami
- Florida Bar - Tax Section; The Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (TEP)
- Greater Miami Tax Institute
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Former chair, Pro Bono Committee, Florida Bar Tax Section (2008-2010)
- Member, Baker & McKenzie’s Pro Bono Committee
U.S. Tax Court~United States (2007)
Florida~United States (2006)
New York University School of Law
St. Thomas University
(J.D. magna cum laude)
St. Thomas University
(Master of Science)
St. Leo University
(B.A. magna cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.