Jeffrey Jackson is a member of the Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions Group in the Firm’s Tokyo office, currently on a temporary assignment to the Firm's Palo Alto office and handling matters in both Japan and the United States. He practices mainly in corporate and real estate transactions. Prior to joining Baker & McKenzie, he worked for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and White & Case.
Mr. Jackson’s practice covers domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and general commercial and corporate matters. Mr. Jackson also practices in the areas of real estate finance, acquisitions and dispositions, and leasing and has experience representing commercial lenders and borrowers in connection with various real estate and real estate asset-related investments in Japan.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an international investment bank in connection with the sale and disposition of the Kobe Crown Plaza Hotel.
- Represented a major Japanese bank in connection with numerous non-recourse loans and bond financings.
- Represented an Australian real estate investment fund in connection with loan financing for various residential apartment buildings in Osaka.
- Represented a foreign real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition of the land and assets of a golf course in Hokkaido, Japan and the negotiation of a letter of intent for the multiyear development of a large-scale resort in connection therewith.
- Represented a client in connection with the negotiation of a multi-year lease of premium office space in Tokyo.
- Represented a foreign real estate investment firm in connection with a bid for the ANA hotel network valued at over USD2 billion.
California~United States (2007)
University of Texas
(J.D. Honors; Dean's Achievement Award in Federal Income Tax)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.