Jad Taha is an associate in Baker & McKenzie’s Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Global Major Projects practice groups. Prior to joining the Firm, he took part in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court in Vienna, Austria. Mr. Taha is a law school recipient of book awards in European community law, European tax law and international human rights.
Mr. Taha advises domestic and international clients on local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and general corporate and commercial matters in the United States and the Middle East.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a Delaware-based construction and transport safety company and its subsidiaries on the transfer of assets to a United States private equity firm as part of a debt satisfaction and equity investment arrangement.
- Advising a global oilfields products manufacturer and service provider on due diligence and the sale of its business assets in the context of an auction to multiple buyers across seven jurisdictions.
- Advising the Kellogg Company on its acquisition of Pringles from Procter & Gamble in the context of its prospective supply and distribution of products.
- Advising a global shipping group on due diligence and the acquisition of an equity stake in a Dubai-based company, as well as corporate and internal restructuring of the target company.
- Advising Brasil Foods SA, the world’s second largest food processor by revenue, on its incorporation and licensing of a joint venture vehicle and food processing plant in the United Arab Emirates.
- Advising a leading electronics manufacturer on principles of maintaining control over a joint venture and profit-sharing arrangement with a local entity in Qatar.
- Advising Louis Vuitton (Paris) on corporate governance and compliance matters and commercial initiatives in jurisdictions across the Middle East.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
District of Columbia~United States (2011)
New York~United States (2010)
University of Florida Levin College of Law
(J.D. cum laude)
College of Charleston
(B.A. Chemistry cum laude)
College of Charleston
(B.S. Biochemistry cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.