Gary Seib chairs the Firm's Global Dispute Resolution Practice Group and co-chairs the compliance practice in Asia Pacific. He is ranked as one of the leading lawyers in his field by top legal directories, including Chambers Asia, Chambers Global, PLC Which lawyer? and IFLR 1000. Mr. Seib has written numerous articles for publications in Australia and Hong Kong on topics ranging from insolvency and corporate rescue, corporate compliance investigations and enforcement to fraud risk, insider trading and market misconduct. He has also written and spoken extensively on corporate compliance, risk management and cross-border dispute resolution.
Mr. Seib is a commercial litigation lawyer with extensive experience in the areas of corporate governance, compliance and regulatory matters — including cross-border fraud investigations, asset tracing claims and recovery actions. He also practices in other areas of corporate law and commercial disputes, including IT and communications disputes, insolvency matters, employment and employee claims, professional indemnity claims and other insurance work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a major multinational engineering and infrastructure group regarding the Hong Kong and China aspects of a global compliance investigation
- Represented liquidators and provisional liquidators of several failed publicly listed corporate groups in Hong Kong and China.
- Acted in several post M&A disputes and other contract disputes.
- Acted as team lead for a major pharmaceutical group in connection with product recall and liability matters, including managing criminal charges; licensing, operational and supply agreement issues with relevant regulators; as well as civil claims.
- Coordinated the Asia Pacific aspects of a global recall of electrical products, including management of the Hong Kong aspects of the recall.
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of building products regarding the termination and recovery proceedings against a group of employees and third parties based on employee fraud and diversion of business.
- Acted for a property developer/project manager in respect of a claim against a former employee for diversion of business and misuse of confidential information.
- Represented a publicly listed PRC manufacturing group in a wrongful termination suit brought by its former Chairman/CEO.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New South Wales Bar Association
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Law Society of England & Wales
- HKICPA (Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty)
Hong Kong (1991)
England & Wales~United Kingdom (1990)
New South Wales~Australia (1986)
(Bachelor of Economics)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.