We are a team of highly trained lawyers experienced in protecting, managing, generating value from and defending intellectual property rights of clients from France, Europe and other countries. Our in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses enables us to provide practical solutions and expert insight into all applicable branches of intellectual property law.
A Full Range of Services
The diversity of our backgrounds and practical know-how enables us to provide clients with a comprehensive range of services covering both transactional and contentious IP matters. Our team handles various issues related to the protection of intellectual property rights, their exploitation and their defense in France and other countries in the European Union and Eastern Europe. We have significant experience in dealing with Community Trademark and Design matters as well as all IP matters with a pan-European aspect.
A Leading Global IP Practice
Our Global IP Practice is composed of more than 400 lawyers worldwide working collaboratively, continually pooling their knowledge and experience. Our worldwide IP Practice is regularly honored and recognized by legal directories, clients and peers.
Services Geared to Clients' Needs
The constant concern of our Intellectual Property Group is to provide practical responses to our clients' needs. Depending on the nature of the projects involved, our IP team works closely with teams from our other practices in France and abroad, such as our Information Technology and Communications
, Employment Law
, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industries
, and Taxation
A Practical and Dynamic Approach
- IP newsletter - Our IP Group regularly informs clients of the latest legal developments and court decisions affecting their intellectual property along with practical advice
- IP seminars – We host a series of seminars to inform clients about IP developments; past seminars have been on: IP Rights Ownership Within a Company, Trademarks and Distribution, How Best to Protect and Defend Your Domain Names, The European Community Design, and others
- IP handbooks – We publish handbooks on intellectual property issues worldwide
Some Recent Transactions
- Advising on the worldwide name change of a major consulting group
- Advising a major food industry group on the IP and tax aspects of the assignment and pledging of trademarks in connection with the restructuring of its worldwide operations
- Drafting and negotiating a Cooperation and Development Agreement between a manufacturer and an encoded TV channel for the creation of a new decoder
- Defending a patent infringement action and conducting simultaneous retaliatory actions across Europe seeking the invalidation of the plaintiff's patents
- Representing a major telecom company in an important trademark dispute