Edward West is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice Group. He joined Baker & McKenzie in 2000 and became partner in 2008. He has practiced in the Firm’s London and Chicago offices, and is now based full-time in the Chicago office.
Mr. West's practice covers a wide range of corporate transactional areas, including the industrial and automotive sectors, distressed transactions, private equity transactions, and inbound and outbound investments to and from the United States and the United Kingdom. He focuses on mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions, and representation of domestic and non-US companies in their activities in the United States, Europe and developing countries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Invesco Real Estate on the acquisition of AIG's Asia real estate and investment management business.
- Represented Crane Co. on the acquisition from Coin Acceptors Inc. of Money Controls, a leading producer of a broad range of payment systems and associated products for the gaming, amusement, transportation and retail markets.
- Represented Worthington Industries Inc. on the acquisition from Nitin Fire Protection Industries Limited of a majority equity stake in an Indian seamless high pressure cylinder manufacturing company.
- Represented Opportunity International, a not-for-profit microfinance organization, on the divestiture of its microfinance subsidiaries in Montenegro, Albania, Russia and Poland.
- Represented Chemtura Corporation in its auction sale, pursuant to section 363 of the United States Bankruptcy Code, of a business involved in the manufacture of tin and mixed metal stabilizers and related intermediates.
- Represented Fiberweb plc on its 50/50 spunbond and nonwoven fabrics joint venture with Petropar SA in North and South America.
- Represented Macquarie Capital Group on the acquisition and subsequent divestiture of Microstar Logistics Inc., a keg management and reverse logistics provider.
- Represented MAHLE GmbH on the acquisitions of Dana Corporations’ global engine hard parts business.
- Represented Tupperware Corporation on the acquisition from Sara Lee Corporation of its direct selling consumer products business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- British-American Business Council, Chicago - Board of Directors
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
Illinois~United States (2006)
England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
College of Law at York
Oxford University (Jesus College)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.