Global technology companies are leveraging the Czech Republic’s strategic advantages as an outsourcing location, driving new investment into one of the most dynamic IT markets in the region. While companies are competing to introduce new technology, regulators are struggling to catch up, leading to conflicting interpretations of technology laws and confusing licensing requirements.
Our IT/Communications lawyers help companies apply innovative solutions in the rapidly evolving technology market. With broad experience in the technology sector, we can help execute complex hardware, software development and outsourcing contracts that are legally sound and responsive to market changes.
Working with our global team of Intellectual Property lawyers, we help clients protect and enforce their patent rights in the Czech Republic and abroad and represent them in sophisticated technology transactions in multiple markets. We can advise on:
- Information technology outsourcing, system integration, software escrow, disaster recovery and made-to-measure developments
- Legal audits on websites, Internet-related laws, domain name protection and workplace privacy rights
- Legal aspects of electronic commerce, including contracting and B2B, B2C and B2A transactions, electronic signature and data encrypting, electronic payments and electronic invoicing
- Hardware contracts, software licenses, maintenance and distributorship agreements, contracts for website acquisition, development and hosting
- Licenses, concessions, joint ventures, consortia and telecommunications services contracts
- Advertising law, market regulation, defamation and unfair competition
- Interconnection disputes and retail and wholesale pricing/tariff program challenges
- Legal audits of information security, personal data protection, privacy policies and international transfers of personal data
To read more, please see our Prague IT/Communications brochure in English