Carlos Sagaón-Garza is a senior associate in the Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice Group in Mexico City. He joined Baker & McKenzie in 1999 and has been an associate since 2002. Mr. Sagaón has relevant experience in cross-border credit transactions, project finance, domestic credits and financial regulatory matters.
Mr. Sagaón focuses his practice on real estate finance — including syndicated credit facilities — and general banking and commercial lending matters. He regularly advises local and international financial entities on the implementation of financing structures for complex transactions. Mr. Sagaón also assists clients on creditors’ rights in insolvency procedures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinating with and advising a major real estate financial client in the financing of a credit facility granted to one of Mexico’s largest real estate funds for the financing of industrial facilities in Queretaro, Chihuahua, Baja California, Jalisco, Estado de Mexico, Tlaxcala, Quintana Roo, and the Federal District.
- Coordinating and advising on the syndication process of a USD272 million industrial real estate loan.
- Coordinating with and advising a client in the insolvency procedure filed by one of Mexico’s largest paper producer conglomerates.
- Assisted clients in the structuring and documentation of several financing loans involving personal property, inventories and other rights guaranteed with various mechanisms such as trusts and pledges.
- Advised clients on the structuring of several loans for tourism industry projects.
- Advised clients on the structuring and documentation of several loans and financing for renewable energy projects.
- Advised several clients on the negotiation and documentation of various national and international credit transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers
- International Chamber of Commerce
University Autonoma de Ciudad, Juarez
Baker & McKenzie, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.