The Landmark Building
90A Nizami Street
+994 12 497 18 01
+994 12 497 18 05
Baker & McKenzie was among the first international law firm to be established in Azerbaijan. We are regularly ranked by IFLR 1000, Legal500 and Chambers and Partners as one of the leading firms in the country for our work on some of the most significant transactions in the banking and finance, oil and gas, energy generation and distribution, telecommunications and infrastructure sectors.
Staffed by local lawyers admitted in Azerbaijan most of whom hold advanced law degrees from the US or Europe and led by Managing Partner Gunduz Karimov, we also advise major Azerbaijani companies and inbound foreign investors on all aspects of their operations here. Supported by Baker & McKenzie's global practice groups, we are able to assist with the most complex cross-border transactions.
Our leading position in the global market
- Tier 1 in Financial and Corporate – IFLR1000 (2008-2015)
- Tier 1 in Energy and Infrastructure – IFLR1000 (2015)
- Tier 1 in Legal Market Overview – Legal 500 EMEA (2009-2015)
- Band 1 in General Business Law – Chambers Global (2008-2014)
- Band 2 in General Business Law – Chambers Asia Pacific (2015)