Offering seamless global compliance advice and investigative services, combined with local knowledge, Baker & McKenzie's Compliance Group is one of the world's largest and most experienced compliance and anti-corruption practices. We are leaders in the Australian market, particularly in advising clients on bribery and corruption, sanctions and anti-money laundering.
Our global reach means we are uniquely placed to advise on all aspects of corporate and financial compliance from director's duties and corporate governance to developing policies to assist clients to meet their regulatory obligations locally and throughout the world.
We assist clients to meet their compliance obligations, identify and address non-compliance by:
Download our brochure - 5 Essential Elements of Compliance
- designing, implementing, reviewing and auditing compliance programs;
- advising on existing and developing compliance and anti-corruption codes, policies and regulatory trends;
- assisting organisations to comply with Australian and global sanctions and anti-money laundering obligations;
- training employees, senior management, trainers and third parties on a range of compliance issues;
- performing risk assessments to verify that clients are meeting their obligations;
- undertaking third party and target compliance due diligence;
- conducting internal and external investigation of potential non-compliance (including investigation of the conduct of agents and third parties);
- providing advice and solutions to handle suspected breaches of organisational policies or law and associated issues with continuous disclosure obligations;
- advising on the structure of transactions and business models, including developing due diligence protocols;
- representing clients subject to regulatory review, subpoena or investigation; and
- representing clients in both criminal and civil litigation in relation to alleged offences.